- Students are required to complete an enrolment form when commencing classes with DiLi. This information is required for administrative and safety purposes.
- DiLi reserves the right to change class times, change teachers or cancel classes if necessary.
- Re-enrolment will occur at the end of each term to give current students the option to re-enrol for the next term before places are open to new students. Full payment will be required before the school holidays to guarantee your child’s place for the following term.
- Forms can be scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, posted to DiLi at PO Box 2263, Mount Isa QLD 4825, or handed to the teacher in an envelope with the student’s name on the front.
- Class places are only held until the due date for payment. Any students who have not formally re-enrolled by this date risk losing their class place to new students and those on waiting lists.
- If you would like to book in for any additional classes or would like to change class style or day, please check availability first by emailing Sally at email@example.com
- Refunds will not be given for term fees or deposits as your child has taken a term place, however term fees will be adjusted to allow for any classes cancelled by DiLi.
- All fees are payable in advance. Please let DiLi know if you are having difficulties paying fees, as payment plans can always be arranged in special circumstances. All payments (except for casual payment for adult classes which must be paid in cash on the day) can be made either via cash, bank transfer or direct deposit. Any accounts that are unpaid by the end of the second week of term may result in students losing their class place.
- Payments can be made to the following account: Bank: CBA, Account Name: DiLi, BSB: 064 815, Account Number: 1047 8514
DiLi does not have specific uniform requirements, but instead has a range of optional uniform items and encourages its students to wear dance gear of their choice that is appropriate to the style of dance they are participating in. It is our hope that this allows students to feel comfortable and allows parents to keep costs down. CLICK HERE to find out more about our uniform.
- Kinder Dance – any clothing or special dance outfit that is easy to move in and makes the student feel good or our own DiLi FiFi Leotard. Bare feet is preferable.
- Classical Ballet – leotard and skirt of any style and/or colour. Ballet shoes with elastic (no ribbon).
- Jazz/Funk – Any dance gear that is stretchy and easy to move in such as a leotard and shorts, leggings and a t-shirt, etc. Black split sole jazz shoes.
- Tap – Any dance gear that is stretchy and easy to move in such as a leotard and shorts, leggings and a t-shirt, etc. Tan tap shoes.
- Contemporary – Any dance gear that is stretchy and easy to move in such as a leotard and shorts, leggings and a t-shirt, etc. Bare feet or plain ‘nude’ colour foot thongs.
- Hip Hop – Any dance gear that is stretchy and easy to move in. Street shoes (white shoes such as a converse style shoe will be required for the end of year concert).
- AcroDance – Any dance gear that is stretchy and easy to move in, although it should also be clothing that students feel comfortable in when they are upside down! Bare feet is best.
Parents Can Watch Classes
That’s right! At DiLi, all our classes are open, which means parents are welcome to watch anytime! We don’t mean the last five minutes and we’re not talking watching through a viewing window. At DiLi parents are greeted with open arms!
Currently, the old dance school philosophy of keeping parents out of the studio as a general policy just doesn’t sit right. As a parent, we believe it is important that you can see how the teacher interacts with your child. To see how your child is dancing and progressing and to see how the students in the class get along.
Each class at DiLi follows a standard format and lesson structure, but our parents understand that when working with little ones, sometimes things don’t go according to the lesson plan and other days our little ballerinas ‘perform’ to perfection. But this is part of the honesty.
We do have some rules for parent watching so that all students can get the most out of each lesson:
- Please remain quiet while the class is in progress so as not to distract the dancers.
- Mobile phones are to be switched to silent.
- Parents are asked to sit in the designated seating areas and not in the dance space for safety reasons.
- We love little brothers and sisters watching too! We do ask however, that they remain quietly seated and not participate in classes.
- Still photography of your own ballerina is welcome, however video, DVD or mobile phone recording of the whole class is strictly prohibited unless consent has been given by all parents.
End of Year Concert
DiLi will be holding its 2019 end of year Showcase at the Mount Isa Civic Centre on Sunday 8th December, with a dress rehearsal on Sunday 24th November and Sunday 1st December. What is a showcase? Great question!! A showcase is just another way of saying concert – it is the end of year performance that gives our students the opportunity to show off their talents to family, friends and the local community.
The end of year DiLi Showcase is open to all students from Kinder Dance up to Senior classes, however this event is not compulsory and students are welcome to continue attending classes during term four even if they decide not to be part of the end of year showcase event. Adult classes are not included in the end of year Showcase.
Find out more about our End of Year Showcase by clicking HERE
- Please ensure your child brings a named drink bottle to every class – hydration is incredibly important during physical activity.
- DiLi takes no responsibility for property that is left behind at class venues by customers and students.
- dreamitliveit.com.au will be updated regularly with important information, and should be checked for the most current details.
- Corrections to posture and technique of movements will sometimes require physical contact by teaching staff.
- DiLi take no responsibility for students outside of their class time. Parents are asked to let their children know that they must wait inside with the teacher if they are running late.
- Students missing classes are expected to notify DiLi, as failure to do so may result in the student losing their place in the class.
- Please give written notification of change of phone number, email and/or address.